Monday, December 22, 2008

Cooking Bugs

With the mushrooming of food bloggers all over the Internet as well as my growing interest in reading them * its almost an addiction these days* , i finally decided that its time that i join the blogger community as well. =) yay!

The cooking bugs has managed to conquer me in less than 48 hours after my week long leave kicked off.

I was invited to a pre- x'mas dinner yesterday. With the economy recession around the corner, i decided that i'll whip up something with the ingredients i have in the kitchen. Managed to get Hubby to grab me some onions and garlic from the sundry store and with the absolutely cheezy mozarella cheese and 2 healthy cans of tuna, i decided to make Baked Potato with Mayo Tuna.

Maybe i was just having one of those moments where u just HAFTA make a desperate attempt to impress ?Sis kept saying, " Hmpf! i wanna eat!!! " I said, " follow me to the party?" , She said "Nope", bring a slice home for me! Yah right!

With some left over tuna, i decided that i'll make something for hubby and sis who's not joining me at the party - Cheezy Tuna on High baked Water biscuit! As i prepared, sis kept saying that she doesnt like cookies nor biscuits, and nothing can deviate her attention away from the potato baked tuna.. guess what?? when it was ready, she was hot on her heels and very obliging when i asked to borrow her camera to capture my proud moments.



There were 9 pieces, before i could finish showering so i can have a pic of me holding the tray of canapes for the lens, guess who stole a bite from the first piece?? HUBBY!!! i SULKED when i saw him in action!Hubby, with a mischievous grin said, " i can put it back on the tray so u can snap the photo?" and Yes, the photo turned out well, it looked ARTISTIC to me even to have one bitten piece at the corner *Grins*

And so the healthy snacks i made were gobbled up by Hubby , Sis and Chloe ( she only managed to have one! ) even before i head out the door to the Xmas Party with my Baked Potato Mayo tuna.

Oh yeah, did i mention?? i managed to whip up the 2 dishes above in less than 1 hour - so proud of myself ! teehee! Anyway all that happened last night.


No comments: