Monday, December 22, 2008

Cooking Bugs ( part 2 )

There is a famous chinese saying that goes " The way to a man's heart is thru his stomach" So today, I asked Hubby if he had any cravings today and i'll try to fulfil it .Hubby said " Couscous". My heart sinked! My last attempt in preparing couscous was a failed project!! * disheartened* The image is still CRYSTAL CLEAR in my head - is that couscous?? However since he's giving me another chance to redeem myself - i'm determined to make my couscous project a success.

I told hubby i'll google for some nice couscous recipe before i start my little project in the kitchen today. Less than 5 minutes of googling and speed reading thru couscous recipes - i gave up~ Perhaps Hubby is right? i do have ADD " attention deficit disorder"? Whateva! I don't wanna head out for grocery shopping in search of ingredients that sound alien to me. Gonna stick to my original plan and just improvise with whatever ingredients i have at home. Off i started digging into my fridge cum freezer and kitchen cabinet in search of yet-to-expire ingredients, hehe. These are what I found


And so i started buzzing around the kitchen. I decided to try and make a healthy version of couscous. With some chicken stock, mini tangerines ( to substitute lemon ) , finely chopped red and yellow capsicum and dills, black pitted olives, Tadaa --> i present you my version of mediterranean couscous served with healthy grilled black pepper chicken breast. =)



I call this "When East meets West" What's eastern about it? Well, uhm - the china mini tangerines and the red chilly 'yong tau fu" hehe =D After presenting it to Hubby, i sat next to him to watch his facial expression as he chows it down.
It annoyed him , haha and he told me to stop watching him so that he can enjoy "HIS" food in peace. Oh well, from the satisfied look he had as he enjoys the couscous, i believe that i've met my objective of the day =)

Hubby made me a cup of white coffee to reward me soon after and he helped me to clean up the kitchen =)

I'm a satisfied woman..for now =)









1 comment:

  1. Hahah... u guys are sucha cute couple...Not bad...The dishes look tempting...

    ReplyDelete